Thursday, December 23, 2010

Red Squirrel

Looks like I'll be cleaning under the couch today
A Red Squirrel! Alva brought this in when Ross and I were making lunch. I was getting a picture of the squirrel with Alva when she threw the squirrel out from under and towards me making me scream as Ross described "like a little girl"

Red squirrels are active year round and are the only tree squirrel active during the day. Alaska has only one other tree squirrel, the northern flying squirrel, active only at night. There are no chipmunks in Alaska. The Red Squirrel's diet is mostly made up of conifer seeds. In the summer they collect thousands of green spruce cones to stash for the winter. Though they have been seen eating bird eggs and mushrooms.

3 comments:

  1. Like a girl? Moving on.....Merry Christmas and peace to you both as well as the killers. May Joy live in your home this New Year.
    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you eat it. Squirrel can be tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to look into squirrel if they start bringing home more than one every six months, anyone up for dinner at my house? Happy Holidays All!

    ReplyDelete